The North Central Idaho Fire Prevention Cooperative was formed in 2007 to promote fire prevention, defensible space, and education programs to central Idaho homeowners, businesses and schools.
The North Central Idaho Fire Prevention Cooperative is comprised of volunteer, federal, state, tribal,county, city and private fire fighting agencies and organizations from Latah, Lewis, Clearwater, Idaho and Nezperce counties.
The mission of the cooperative is to work collaboratively to educate the public by providing a unified message with regard to fire prevention, prescribed fire, Firewise landscaping, home fire safety and the ecological importance of fire in Idaho’s landscapes.
Our goals are:
- To foster cooperative partnerships between all participating agencies/organizations in order to disseminate unified messages to the public and to expand outreach efforts by eliminating duplication.
- To coordinate and implement fire prevention education programs and activities with agencies, organizations, interest groups, businesses and residents within the five county area.
- To educate residents and visitors within the five county area about the fire ecology of Idaho’s landscape and the Firewise home protection concepts that will allow them to live safely with it.
- To distribute fire prevention materials and brochures throughout the five county area.
- To increase the use of home fire safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, fire sprinkler systems and rural water storage systems.